ME.INC.NOW - Me Expressing I Need Change Now

Categories

child abuse, life cycles
powered by

My Blog

1st Thought of Pain

Trauma and Pain (PTSD)

Author:  Chuck Prinzen Jr.

I have been asked numerous times how do I know that I have PTSD.  I have not been in a war, I have not been a medical responder, nor was I in law enforcement?  Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.

Age, it seems, allows you to develop a much better understanding of the past and the future. The nightmares that I have endured for the past sixty years are similar to a scar that will never heal, no matter what you do.  The scars of childhood trauma manifested into PTSD for me as a teenager and young adult.  My coping mechanism for these nightmares is rather awkward, but it works for me.  I think of my dreams  as a television with unlimited channels.  Sometimes the channel changes fast, sometimes slow, the variability here is the level of violence found on that channel.  Unfortunately to change channels I always have to go through a specific memory, a terrible past situation that this television set always reverts to.  This is channel 3 and here is the story …

… at the age of three I was living with my mother and stepfather in a two story home built in the 1950’s.  We occupied the lower level and my grandmother had the upper level.  I could not tell you today which family side grandma (one of three) belonged to but none the less that is the way it was.  When things would go bad, (the beatings) I was passed onto one of my three grandmas’.  Depending on which one was available.  One particular evening my stepfather Cal was completing a diaper change on me, he asked if I had to go potty, I said “no”.  We’ll, bad things happened, I accidently peed on him and his anger trigger button was pushed.

Unfortunately Cal and I were home alone while my mother was at work.  I cannot recall what “object” was used to inflict the pain, I have had them all.  In a frantic mode I remember yelling “no, no, no,” I just knew what was about to happen.  Cal was swearing viciously while grabbing whatever limb he could for control while inflicting pain on other parts of my body.  My screams were loud enough that my grandmother heard them through the floorboards prompting a call to the police for help.  When the police arrived they found me in my bed covered with blankets, this was my physiological way of building a shield around me so I could hide.  One of the policeman removed the blankets to find a severely beaten and damaged child, I can only imagine him crying at what he saw.

Cal was led away in handcuffs as my mother hurried home from work just to be interviewed by child protective services.  A short time later I was taken away to a safe place while my mother yelled and cried as she was deemed unfit to parent me ….

This is my channel 3.  I do not have to remain on this channel for a very long period of time but I will always know that it is there.  Find your own way to avoid these channels of abuse, find the channel that can help you recover.  By simply changing that channel ….  all you have to do is to wake up from the nightmare.

28 Comments to 1st Thought of Pain:

Comments RSS
d on Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:35 PM
d

help with dissertation writing on Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:50 AM
Sad to see people suffer pain and trauma. I know what it feels like and how your thinking change with it. I remember trusting everyone and ended trusting no one, even my family. Sometimes, the people that are close to you does the greatest damage to you. Be careful and be ready always, they love you, but they are not perfect, they can do things that can or may hurt you.

+6 on Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:23 PM
65456

do my assignment on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:19 AM
We are extremely thankful for your blog entry. You will discover a ton of methodologies in the wake of visiting your post. Incredible work

essay writting service on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 7:57 AM
This meincnow blog has been giving us and sharing about uncontrollable thoughts for channel changes and developing more info. Changing the awkward grabbing more methods as well.

custom essay uk on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 8:47 PM
Trauma and pain is something that we should take very seriously. Traumas can put a lot of stress in a person's life and it may even continue as they grow old. A trauma can be anything, it can be from getting bit by dogs, from being bullied, and even witnessing something that is very scary. I think that people should be very mindful of what they do, because we never know what it might do to others. The things we do and say can cause trauma for others.

Ben Morice on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 6:31 PM
isme muda, menginstruksikan dan pathos. Pada akhirlink 3 agen plat high tensile sm490 yb agen plat high tensile sm490ya agen plat kapal agen plat stainless ss304 agen plat stainless ss310 agen plat stainless ss316 agen plat sumihard agen round bar besi aisi 440s45c agen round bar scm440 agen steel rail undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Distributor plat besi hitam Distributor plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Agen besi beton interworld steel is undangan pernikahan modern Toko Plat Bordes Kembang Distributor Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Distributor besi cnp baja Harga plat besi hitam Harga plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan biru Agen besi beton gunung garuda undangan pernikahan biasa Toko Plat Besi Hitam Supplier Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Harga besi cnp baja www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual plat besi hitam Jual plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan biasa sewa villa bukit danau Agen besi beton delcoprima undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam Toko Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Agen Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Jual besi cnp baja www.pusatbesibaja.com Supplier plat besi hitam Supplier plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bagus Agen besi beton cakra steel cs undangan pernikahan cantik elegan Toko Jual Besi Siku Baja Toko Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Supplier besi cnp baja Toko plat besi hitam Toko plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bermanfaat Agen besi beton bjku undangan pernikahan akrilik Toko Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Jual Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Toko besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen plat besi hitam Agen plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan akrilik Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan bentuk dompet Toko Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Harga Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Agen besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton sii Pabrik plat besi hitam Pabrik plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan anti mainstream Agen besi beton ais undangan pernikahan coklat Toko Besi Hollow Pabrik Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Pabrik besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton psi Ulir Polos Toko besi cnp baja Toko besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan coklat undangan pernikahan biasa Agen Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Jual Stainless steel Toko besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi cnp baja Agen besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan cantik dan murah Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir undangan pernikahan bunga Agen Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Harga Stainless steel Toko besi beton jcac Pabrik besi cnp baja Pabrik besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan casual Agen besi beton sii undangan pernikahan artis Agen Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Pabrik Stainless steel Toko besi beton interworld steel is Distributor besi h beam baja Distributor besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan contoh Agen besi beton psi Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan modern
Reply to comment

http://www.ncrformsco.co.uk/flooring-company-forms-printing/2-part-flooring-company-forms.html on Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:14 PM
Grand Blog! I should need to thank for the endeavors you have made in shaping this post. I am trusting in a practically identical best work from you later on also. I expected to thank you for these districts! A commitment of gratefulness is altogether to share.

MHR Writer UK on Monday, March 04, 2019 12:41 AM
Hello! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you've got right here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your weblog for more soon!

webstagram on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:15 PM
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog

occasion hublot montres on Monday, April 01, 2019 8:31 AM
You have shared very quality information.

more about santaclausgreeting.com on Saturday, April 13, 2019 10:22 PM
I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.

more about santaclausgreeting.com on Sunday, April 14, 2019 4:49 AM
Writing Santa Claus letters is a beloved part of childhood for millions of kids around the world.

https://santaclausgreeting.com/ on Monday, April 15, 2019 11:58 PM
You might comment on the order system of the blog. You should chat it's splendid. Your blog audit would swell up your visitors. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!!

where can i buy forskolin on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:17 AM
Luckily, there are plenty of simple steps you can take to increase fat burning, quickly and easily.

aluminium awning w on Sunday, May 05, 2019 10:56 PM
Apart from selling used pallets, we also offer our clients a pallet repair and refurbishing service.

Bank Jobs 2019 on Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:54 AM
Psychological trauma is a type of damage to the psyche that occurs as a result of a traumatic event.

arthritis pain on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:39 PM
This is very useful post for me and it helps me a lot. Thank you so much for this and have a great time.

tableclothsfactory on Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:07 PM
1st Thought of Pain

wholesale eyelashes on Monday, June 03, 2019 6:50 PM
1st Thought of Pain

wedding stubby holders australia on Wednesday, June 05, 2019 6:52 PM
1st Thought of Pain

iphone 8 plus cases on Friday, June 07, 2019 1:41 AM
1st Thought of Pain

soulja on Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:10 AM
1st Thought of Pain

soulja on Sunday, June 16, 2019 6:54 PM
1st Thought of Pain

write my assignment on Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:52 AM
You may remark on the request arrangement of the blog. You should talk it's amazing. Your blog review would swell up your guests. I was extremely satisfied to discover this site. I needed to thank you for this incredible read!!
Reply to comment

Yet the crew made it back to the harbor at Bari, where the townsfolk and clergy processed, singing j on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:35 AM
Yet the crew made it back to the harbor at Bari, where the townsfolk and clergy processed, singing joyous hymns, to greet the saint.

brojob on Wednesday, July 03, 2019 4:28 AM
1st Thought of Pain

pikdo on Wednesday, July 03, 2019 6:56 PM
This is a very good article, I like it very much and allow me to continue to follow. And visit my site too